• Shawna of the Shire

★★★★

So I finally popped my Buster Keaton cherry with The General. It's a fun film and I really enjoy Keaton's character and the funny gags that followed.

• nhall182

★★★★★

This is such a blast you forget you're rooting for a Confederate army. Super catchy and brilliant score, too.

• VB MUTT

Charlie Chaplin + Jackie Chan = Buster Keaton

My first Keaton film and I thoroughly enjoyed it, Keaton playing major part in it. His Stonefaced Expressions and Incredible stunts in this film were truly hilarious and admirable.
    Much respect for Buster for doing his own stunts, some of which looked painful and needed time and patience to execute it perfectly.
    My favourite scenes, were obviously the bridge scene, where the train comes crashing down and also where there was a…

• jolocus

★★★★½

This movie is really fun, especially the stunts, just stunning. I can't imagine the problems they must have had filming all those train scenes.

They still hold up to this day.

Also with these classic movies I'm never sure if the music I heard was the music playing with the actual movie, but the score I heard was fantastic, it almost felt like watching a sound movie.

• brucelina

★★★★

please make more movies like this

• maurcs

★★★★½

Watched again as today we visited the museum that's home to the original General locomotive.

• Julia Koszary

★★★★★

me @ the 1920s critics that didnt like this: wtf is wrong with you binch???????????? he tried so hard and you just?? gave it???? bad reviews??? like the idiots you are?????? he was far ahead of his time gtfo 1926 ppl oh my gOd. he mightve stayed independent if this had been critically acclaimed upon its release omfg honestly thank god he managed to live long enough to see it begin to receive the credit it deserved

• Clark

★★★★★

Silent cinema doesn't get much better. First time I've seen it with the Joe Hisaishi score, which may be my go-to audio track from here on out.

• Peaceful Anarchy

★★★★

There's no denying the talent that went into making this, both technical and physical and it has a lot of really funny moments and well executed gags. Despite this I didn't like it as much as Keaton's other films, a few parts felt slow and a confederate protagonist didn't help.

• Matthew Lucas

★★★★★

I'm not sure there's another comedy out there more perfect than Buster Keaton's THE GENERAL. Keaton stars as a southern train engineer who is rejected from the military due to his unique skills. His girlfriend tells him she will never marry him until she sees him in uniform. But when she is kidnapped by Northern spies who hijack her train, Keaton sets out to save her and his beloved engine, the General, from enemy hands.

THE GENERAL is both a…