• Molly

★★★½

Numa aula disseram que os subtítulos que aparecem em "Nome de Guerra" de Almada Negreiros contavam uma história. Lembrei-me disso quando cheguei ao fim do filme.
    Tem um desenvolvimento interessante que prende a atenção do espectador... torna-se muito fácil de ver e de nos introduzir no que se passa.

• Chris

★★★★

Dieser Film reiht sich ein in eine leider noch zu kurze Liste an Filmen aus dem Thriller-Genre, die genau das sind, was ich mir von einem guten Film eben vorstelle. Thriller und Filme mit Verschwörungen, Wirtschafts-und Politikkriminaliät. Einfach gesagt: realistische und intelligentes Erwachsenenkino. Der ghostwriter ist genau das. Da fällt einmal mehr auf, wie stark ein gutes und stringentes Drehbuch auf einen Film Einfluss hat.

• Graff Fuller

★★★

The movie is fairly good, but the script was okay. The acting was fairly good.

• mrcraft

★★★

boring and mediocre

• Mista_Mista

★★★★½

It's a political thriller the I thought was fantastically crafted.

• Jaathey

★★★½

A taut thriller from somewhat mundane origins. Polanski is just great.

• Mike Cavaliere

★★½

There's nothing shoddy here, but I think I'm ready to admit that I just don't like conspiracy movies. Especially political mysteries, it's like every time I watch one, I end up feeling like all I'm doing is waiting around for the director to flip over missing pieces of the puzzle. I don't get pulled into the intrigue, and so there's always a level of tedium there. Maybe it's because movies like these are more about their plots than their characters,…

• K. A. Haavik

★★★★

I really like this film. Stylistically it's very old-fashioned, in the best sense of the word. Hitchcockian, I guess. And it's very well-made from a nuts and bolts storytelling point of view, which may sound to you like faint praise, but I've seen so many frustrating thrillers that I can appreciate how difficult it is to get that part right.

Oh, and it's got an absolute killer score by Alexandre Desplat. It's the kind of score that seems so weird and out of sync with the rest of the film that it shouldn't really work, but nevertheless works perfectly.

• Joe Gola

★★★★

An excellent political thriller that dares to cast the United States in the role of the bad guy.

• mithilng

★★★★

Just the right amount of tension, mystery and humour. Oh the humor that gets me everytime and I happened to say to myself if I want to personify humour I want it like to be Roman Polanski movie. The tension everytime the tower light of the island hits McGregor hotel window as the camera pans towards him in the dark. The mystery in riding down a village path and arriving at a beach which is perfectly abandoned except for that…

• Ashley

★★★½

The Ghost Writer, based on the Robert Harris novel, The Ghost is a taut thriller that subtlety and slowly builds its tension over the film's 2 hour run time until it reaches its crescendo, an ending that has been, to me, an enduring sequence.
    Perfectly cast; McGregor is a great Ghost, highly believable and balanced his inner conflicts perfectly with Brosnan in a role that suits him to a tee and sees his CV retain a little more credibility than…

• dedudade

★★½

Ganz schön langer Kurzfilm.