• J.W. Hendricks

★★★★

So this was a pretty fucking timely viewing.

• Colin

★★★★½

From the minute this movie began, I knew I was in for a treat. A simple unboarding of a ferry with a blaring and thrilling score set the tone and mystery of this great political thriller.

• Mark Paterson

Whatever you think of Roman Polanski, there's no denying the man's talent as a filmmaker and large body of quality work. Then there was this.

This film felt soulless and unfinished with a plodding pace. Ewan McGregor's accent was all over the place, prompting me to wonder if they'd used the best take on many scenes. The only person who seemed to be having any fun was Pierce Brosnan, who pretty much played himself and perhaps saw that this movie…

• Luis_989

★★★★½

One of the best political thrillers of this decade.

• Graham Austin

★★★★½

The characters of Polanski films often feel less like they're motivated by their own free will, than they are being gently nudged towards a precipice by a particularly twisted sense of fate. As a viewer you often have a sense of where the story is going to end up long before the characters do, and yet Polanski still manages to get in one last devastating, fatalistic tweak at the end of the tale that has you marveling at the utterly…

• Markella

★★★

The real star of this film is the beach house. Y'all gotta see this 2010 beach house.

Political thriller I really wanted to like. I began liking it, an hour and a half in I liked it again, and even though the ending is interesting, it actually ticked me off. I also didn't realize this was a Polanski film, but after watching I'm not sure if this fact even matters.

It's a beautiful looking film and if you're very keen…

• Peaceful Anarchy

★★★★

Very well paced political thriller that isn't particularly original but makes up for it with great execution.

• Zachary Kirkwood

★★★★½

Polanski as a master craftsman in the Hitchcock mold. One of the all-time great tragi-comic shock endings that I've seen.

• suite22

★★★

Ewan plays a writer with almost zero awareness of foreshadowing. His hesitation and tactics aren't completely beliavable, but I do like the twist and second reveal at the end. It's a short misdirect but it's well done.

This is my own external revision, but I felt a strange subtext to the whole film around extradition, considering Polanski.

• Kristofer

★★★★

Härligt att se att Polanski håller den europeiska filmstilen levande. Snygg slutscen i en snyggt genomförd thriller.

• GloriaM

★★★★

Es buena trama de suspense pero demasiado larga.

• Drishti

★★★½

Well directed taut thriller that kinda loses the grip in the second half, although that's one supercool ending.
    MVP : Ewan McGregor's arse. Forever and ever!