• StevenCarrier

★★★½

Swedish TV Miniseries Version: 5.0 stars

American Edited Feature Film Version: 2.5 stars.

Average: 3.5

• buddfred

★★★★

The extended edition. Very satisfying mystery.  My third watch and the acting and timing just get better each session.  I'll watch the American version eventually but wonder if it would ever have been filmed without this. Uh oh, blasphemy!

• Lindsay

★★★

I have never been the biggest fan of the of the book in general, and a lot of the issues I have in the book bleed into the Swedish and American versions. On purely a film making level, Fincher's movie is better, it looks better, sounds better and moves better. It's Fincher. But I will give the orginal Swedish version this. Rapace is a better Lisbeth, as in she carries more emotional weight, and this movie really leans into the…

• Em

★★★★

I saw the American remake of this around the time it came out, and was in love with the mystery and the chilling atmosphere. Watching the original now was just as thrilling as I remember the later version to be, partly because I forgot many of the details, but mostly thanks to the excellent acting and directing.

I've been meaning to give the remake another watch, especially now that I have this fresh in my mind to compare it to. The original already earns a point for having sequels that actually exist, which I look forward to seeing in the near future.

• rosie 🌼

★★★★½

despite that it's super long and probably not perfect, there are so many things about this film that I love.

most of all, of course, I love lisbeth salander, especially now that we're the same age. in absolutely no way other than age can I relate to her, but I empathise so much with her and I hate to see her mistreated. it makes certain scenes in this film very hard to watch, but the way she deals with these…

• Bob Hovey

★★★★½

The first installment of the Millennium Trilogy (from the books by Stieg Larsson) is available in two versions, the original 153m version, and a 186m extended cut ... both are captivating films in which a discredited journalist collaborates with a reclusive and troubled computer hacker to solve the 40 year old disappearance of a young girl. Compared to the American remake with Daniel Craig and Roony Mara, this Swedish original is edgier and more believable, and Noomy Rapace's Lisbeth is…

• moviemicrorw

★★★½

#moviemicroreview® Uomini Che Odiano Le Donne
    Coinvolgente e crudo thriller svedese dalle torbide atmosfere dark.

• JPT42

★★★★

The first adaptation of Stieg Larsson’s phenomenally popular Millennium novels, the books that can be credited for starting a wave of Scandinavian crime drama that shows no signs of stopping, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo arrived with a heavy reputation to live up to. Introducing us to nominal hero Mikael Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist), a disgraced journalist whose laconic cynicism towards everyone around him conceals a drive to root out injustice whenever he smells a story in it, the story…

• Dolly

★★★★½

this movie is bi culture and the david fincher remake is the most unnecessary film he's ever made facts only :-)

• johnnythe5th

★★★★★

Way better than the U.S. version! Stayed true to the book, and Noomi Rapace was brilliant as always! Can't wait to watch the next two movies\the rest of the mini-series!

• anamaureen