• Naked_Airplane

★★★★

*Review written in 2011

This was about as compelling as I expected it to be and it is easily good enough to make me question the necessity for a remake. Is it JUST because American and British audiences don't want to read subtitles or is there any artistic justification? Well I haven't read the book or seen the new film just yet so I'll have to discover that for myself in due course. Of course money is always the main…

• Badcritic

★★★★★

While slow moving to begin with, this film that kicks off the Swedish version of The Girl saga remains one of my favourite pieces of cinema to date. It's a story where everyone is flawed, especially the protaganists, and yet you understand that that makes them human, as well as nothing in comparison to the true monsters that they encounter on this tale of searching for a missing girl.

• Matthew

★★★★½

Scavenger Hunt #26 - Task 3

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is the first entry in the Swedish adaptions of Stieg Larsson's Millennium series. I have to say that this film lived up and exceeded the praise surrounding it. It is chillingly tense throughout and doesn't shy away from the graphic nature of the themes and story it is trying to tell.

My only niggles is that the story relies a fair bit on macguffins and stagnates towards the…

• John A.

★★★★★

I'd rank it higher than the Fincher film due to the acting that's a cut above and the promise of a full trilogy.

• páll kristinn jakobsson

★★★

i hadn't watched this film in about four or five years when i reviewed the american version last week, and in my memory this was a great suspeceful thriller that was masterfully directed and highly effective and shocking, but after rewatching it i must say that this film is nowhere near as good as i remembered, it's still a good movie but not even close to being the masterpiece i remembered it to be, and after rewatching it i am…

• sawbheek

★★★½

After reading the series, I think the story would have served far better if it would have been made as a TV series. The plot development was quite fast and a bit jarring in parts. Felt like a top quality TV movie, nothing more. The guy playing Mikhail was miscast in my opinion. Had a different guy in mind while reading the book.

• Blaise Astra

★★★★

Definitely like it better than Fincher's.

• Dave Holmes

★★★★½

From what I’ve heard, not at polished or as technically stylish as Fincher’s bigger budget version, no surprise. But a very compelling serial killer mystery narrative (wish I’d had time to read the book first) and a wonderful chance to see Swedish locations and Swedish filmmakers/actors at the top of their game. But it would be just another genre piece (granted a very good example) if not for the extraordinary character of Lisbeth Salander, and the even more extraordinary performance…

• m.javad ebrahimi

★★★

David Fincher's film was better .
    and big difference is Rooney Mara

• Graff Fuller

★★★

This was good. I liked the book, better. Naomi Rapace does well in the role.

• Dr3k11

Extended Edition

Great performances by Noomi Rapace and Michael Nyqvist. Twists and turns will keep you guessing the whole time.

• ames

★★★★★

lisbeth salander is the definition of "she did THAT!!!"