• Mads

Living for the dream sequences and everything about the final scene

• Patrick Bratin

★★★★

Nowhere near as Oscar bait-y as The Revenant.

The Grey currently possesses the title of having, possibly, my favourite score of any film. It feels so simply orchestrated but it has a harrowing simplicity that adds to its, and the film's, beauty. Alpha, which plays over the end credits, leaves a much longer lasting impression on you because of just how un-triumphant it sounds. Bravo, Marc Streitenfeld.

I love how ambiguous this film is. You don't really know anything about…

• John Mathews

★★★★

This has more effective jump shocks than most horror movies.

• Bad Taste

★★★★★

Better than anything nominated for best picture this year. Actually not just this year, most years. Really something special ain't it.

• Michael Troiano

★★★★

A dark and unflinching reflection on what's important in life. I liked it, Liam is great in it. But it ain't for sissies.

• Jessica

As much as I love Liam Neeson movies, this one just doesn't hold up quite as well. It's very slow, especially on the rewatch. That being said, I love the ending. Fuck that wolf up, Liam!

• STEPHEN TUBBS

★★★★

Genuine thriller. Liam is perfectly cast as a leader in a situation not of his making. Must have been a tough film to make on location.

• Matias Juselius

Nice plane crash. But what the hell happened after that?

This is just a ridiculous and predictable pile of crap with obnoxious characters. Why didn't they just make it about mutant monster wolves instead? It would at least have been more believable than this crap. Do wolves behave like this? If they are mutant monster wolves they do. Were these mutant monster wolves? Maybe they were, but it was never mentioned or pointed out. Fuck, this movie is smart...

The end was better than expected though. Re-watch it soon? No.

• Adam Kaump

★★★★

Not bad. It's kinda like Revenant lite. I also now want to watch more Liam Neeson movies.

• Janine Wilson

★★★★½

Into the Fray might be the most beautiful instrumental song I have ever heard.

• Dawson Joyce

★★★★½

February 2017: Flounder’s Scavenger Hunt #2
    TASK #9: A rare good film released in January!

Joe Carnahan's most assured and accomplished directorial effort to date, The Grey is an intense, gripping, white-knuckle survival thriller slash action drama featuring one of Liam Neeson's best and most powerhouse performances.

• Colin