• Dan Gaertner

★★★

This Buster Keaton short slow burns to a nutty finale involving a trick house and a gang of criminals. Good stuff.

• Ben

★★★★

The torturous reign of Fatty Arbuckle has ended and there's light at the end of the tunnel in the form of Buster Keaton.

• Lance

Dr Pullem, Dentist

August Nickelnurser

• THE_FUTURIST

★★★½

The whole hand signal thing is worth the watch.

But this a vintage so good Keaton.

• JimmyDean

★★★★

magic. the ending in the booby-trapped house is just ridiculously brilliant.

• fightclubitis

DR PULLEM
    DENTIST

• Bills90

★★★½

We know about the Blinking Buzzards. They're a heavy outfit.

The best Keaton short I've seen yet. Loved the newspaper gag right off the top, the banana peel joke and, of course, everything that was happening in that last set piece.

• erinem

So this has a pretty good house in it, too.

• SnowboardJunkie

★★★½

A steady build up to a great finish of hoodlums chasing him through a two story house full of secret doors in the walls, paintings and floors that make for great hi jinx, narrow escapes and a couple gags I still can't figure out how he did it. Which are accompanied by the usual Keaton charm. He saves the day and gets the girl.

• Ledi

★★★★★

Buster Keaton is timelessly amusing and clever. He's got a veneer of melancholy, but not cold, irony that beats the mindless sarcasm of today. And he keeps a straight face in the most natural and modest way ever.

• TylerHarris

★★★★½

I'm all about this. Here we have Keaton finally starting to bloom on his own, branch into his own carefully engineered comedy. This film was actually made before One Week, which is considered to be his first post-Arbuckle film. It wasn't released until a year later in 1921, however, when Buster had broken his ankle while filming The Electric House, delaying production for four months. They needed something to give to Metro, so they gave them this. And while it…

• னெச்

★★★★

I clearly see where John wick 2, took most of its inspiration. The high Sign that came nearly 100 years ago, is much more thrilling than most of the movies I see now, that's something isn't it?