• Caden

I mean...what can I say.

That ending hit even harder on rewatch. I’m really struggling to even find something to say. Tatsuya Nakadai is probably my favorite actor and gives the best onscreen performance of all time here. There’s no doubt about it.

The filmmaking is superb. It’s perfect. Masaki Kobayashi was one of the greatest directors to ever live.

I know it’s scary. Nearly 10 hours in total. But trust me, it’s worth it. Masterpiece.

• Peter

★★★★½

If you thought the main character in The Revenant had it bad..... think again.

Damn. This trilogy is possibly the most soul-crushing 9 hours you could ever spend, but what essential cinema.

• Paris, Texas Ranger

★★★★★

The final act of 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 trilogy is essentially a road movie, as Kaji and company try to make their way home after the war has ended.

Incredibly bleak, but for me aims the truest. The constant search for hope as we struggle against our own mortality.

So, uh, yeah. The whole trilogy clocks in at 9.5 hours. I really really enjoyed it, but boy howdy it's not a feel-good journey.

• Noufal

★★★★★

After the long journey, everything must come to an end

• GalvaVinicius

★★★★½

Na conclusão da trilogia épica de Masaki Kobayashi, 'Uma Prece de Soldado', Kaji segue sua luta por sobrevivência, agora no contexto de um Japão arrasado no período final da guerra. Cada vez mais condicionado pelas condições materiais o espírito idealista do personagem vai se deteriorando, embora mantenha sua retidão de caráter. Em meio aos conflitos contra chineses e soviéticos, o grupo de sobreviventes japoneses tentam atravessar um território arrasado, com vítimas de ambas as partes, sobre tudo as mulheres; uma…

• wgleeson98

★★★★½

who knew hearing russian music in a japanese movie could make you feel so happy

• Ben

★★★★

The Human Condition, Part 5, 7/10
    The Human Condition, Part 6, 9/10

lol, just dont be a socialist, dummy

• free69

★★★★★

Definitely the best of the trilogy I love how Kobayashi just decides to take everything from the last movie and throw it all away but at the same time keep the most important aspects.I thing I adore is how you can barely recognize Kenji anymore like if I watched this trilogy again I would barely recognize Kenji in part one.

• George Taylor

★★★★★

And thus concludes one of the finest trilogies in all of film history.

This wastes no time showing Kaji’s despair and the rest of the film is bleak and grim. But it’s just so good. A hard watch at times, it challenges everything you’ve ever thought in life. The second half of this is some of the best cinema I have ever seen. Kaji is one of the greatest characters I’ve witnessed too and I loved seeing parallels to his…

• macpettit

★★★★

This is a solid one. I’d say it ranks in the middle of the trilogy. Quite long and exhaustive again but at least it doesn’t feel as slow as the second. Some interesting moments but ultimately an unfulfilling finale.

• Robert

★★★★★

Having seen all three parts, I find it hard to say anything other than that The Human Condition is the pinnacle of the art of film. Yeah, it's long. But there's barely a wasted second. This final film (or more accurately the final two parts) is definitely the most heart-wrenching in some ways, although there's plenty of sadness throughout. There's not much to say other than that I can't recommend it enough for anyone who considers themself a cinephile.

• Grant Paulsen

The Best in the Trilogy

“Love is the condition for being human.”

The Human Condition III: A Solider's Prayer is a cinematic masterpiece of character writing, storytelling, and perfect emotional payoff. Its easily the best film in the trilogy in my opinion. The first film is pretty damn close, but I can easily say that The Human Condition is up there with The Lord of the Rings as the greatest trilogy of all time.

A Soldier's Prayer is the film…