• Voina

★★★★

A over the top but entertaining action and suspense movie

• Jacob Powell

★★★½

Mid-range Tykwer but a solid enough crime thriller that scrabbles along nicely. Tykwer's audiovisual idiosyncrasies are apparent throughout, giving the film cinematic interest a 'straighter hand' would have lacked. I like that the German filmmaker is truly international and multilingual in his approach with a salad of euro locations and languages (English, German, French, and Italian at least). I also think this is the first film where I've gotten a decent sense of Interpol's place in the international law enforcement community.

• Conor McCoy

★★½

Peggy Guggenheim would not be impressed

• Caitlin

at one point Naomi Watts says to Clive Owen "you look awful" lmao nice try sweetie keep telling urself that!!!

• DavidJM

Turned it off after 20 minutes. Daft and boring, and I like this kind of thing.

• Jack Paterson

★★★

The museum battle is great. The rest is forgettable as all hell.

• Travis Lytle

★★★

A mildly successful political thriller, Tom Twyker's "The International" is a solid piece of work that does not inspire much affection. Starring Naomi Watts and Clive Owen, the film combines violence and intrigue to mildly engaging effect.

A globe-trotting drama with touches of action, "The International" pits interpol agents and attorneys against nefarious agents and dealers. The plot puts the film's heroes in harm's way as their investigation becomes deadly.

Bathed in chilly, urban grays, Twyker assembles something that builds…

• Morpheus

★★★★

Solid action thriller with a clear and succinct message.

• JeffDLowe

45/100

• emkang

★★★

All I remember about this film was that it was slick and European.

• Doc Cortex

Lacklustre spy caper. Not memorable.

• Bobby LePire

★★★★★

Is there any working directors alive today better at creating a dream like atmosphere in their films than Tom Tykwer? For my money, no, no there is not. And that dreamy, almost surreal quality does include "The International", his most realistic and action heavy film. Clive Owen and Naomi Watts are excellent as two Interpol agents investigating the odd death of a colleague. While the film’s plot gets convoluted, it stays within the realm of plausibility at all times. Couple this with the beautiful cinematography and elegant action, and you get a recipe for awesomeness.