• alexandercy

Great shoot-out scene. Love hearing Clive Owen talk tbh.

• TheCultureFreak

★★★

Solid good thriller . Always fun watching a good thriller . Clive Owen is always very solid and on a personal note if Naomi Watts is in a movie i watch it's always a bonus .

• Aaron Martin

★★★

That Guggenheim scene is incredible. Overall I think I enjoy my espionage thrillers a little more cool to the touch.

• Ralf

★★★★

The International proves to be immensely more interesting to me on this rewatch than it did the last time I recall seeing it.

It has quite a few of the great locations you'd normally associate with a Bond film (even post Quantum and pre Skyfall identical locations), a superbly understated score with a paranoia inducing main piano theme and the occasional grandeur when things escalate. The visuals are stunning and the cinematography is captivating and is always looking for interesting…

• FutureDays

tense 70's conspiracy thriller in the guise of modernity. I think this is almost perfect for what it is. Only complaint i have is that it would have been nice if the film had a more distinct look. "The" shootout is a standout. Give me some impressionistic sets and this could easily be a personal favorite.

• Kristina

That shootout at the Guggenheim, though

• Joseph Rodolico

★★★★

Financial conspiracy is as dirty as political conspiracy because everyone wants to being king and they didn’t want anyone stand in the way.

The International is directed by German director Tom Tykwer, he sometimes directs and compose his work’s soundtrack in the sometime. The movie is about an Interpol agent attempts to expose a high-profile financial institution's role in an international arms dealing ring. Clive Owen who plays the Interpol agent and Naomi Watts who plays the NY district attorney…

• stevehb

★½

The style of the movie is great: slick, serious, quasi-political, set in multiple countries (the title is not inaccurate!). There's interesting architecture, a kinda-interesting assassination setup, and a big shootout in the Guggenheim. Those are the good parts.

The story and its characters are bad. Cops are onto a big bad bank, but bank kills the cops' lead. Then the next one, and the next one, and the next one, and the next one. One of the leads is the…

• Voina

★★★★

A over the top but entertaining action and suspense movie

• Jacob Powell

★★★½

Mid-range Tykwer but a solid enough crime thriller that scrabbles along nicely. Tykwer's audiovisual idiosyncrasies are apparent throughout, giving the film cinematic interest a 'straighter hand' would have lacked. I like that the German filmmaker is truly international and multilingual in his approach with a salad of euro locations and languages (English, German, French, and Italian at least). I also think this is the first film where I've gotten a decent sense of Interpol's place in the international law enforcement community.

• Conor McCoy

★★½

Peggy Guggenheim would not be impressed

• Caitlin

at one point Naomi Watts says to Clive Owen "you look awful" lmao nice try sweetie keep telling urself that!!!