• Mark Atkins

★★★★½

Extended version. Frodo got stuck baring the burden of the ring, and also the least fun scenes. Minas Tirith battle is nuts and so ambitious. I think I prefer Helms Deep, but it's an achievement they made the two battles feel so different.

Man those Hobbit movies suck.

• jschwake

Ghost army.

• ana

(extended edition)
    IT TOOK ME THREE DAYS TO FINISH THIS GOD DAMN MOVIE. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE SO LONG?

That being said, I can’t believe Frodo and Sam didn’t get married at the end

• Ryan Ellermann

Love to cry

• B21

B21’s Middle Earth Marathon #3: Return of the King

Despite being the longest of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Return of the King is the best. Unlike The Two Towers, it’s three hour runtime is justified, and it doesn’t really drag.

Points I never mentioned in my first two LotR reviews are that the music, action, set design, and effects are all amazing in these films. I’ve never been a huge fan of this franchise, but you can’t deny that these films are great.

Now onto the lesser acclaimed Hobbit trilogy, which thankfully aren’t as long as these films...

• Lassi

★★★★½

Ehkä heikoin trilogiassa, kun Samin, Frodon ja Klonkun draama hieman tuntuu pakotetulta ja sotakohtauksia on minulle liikaa. Kuitenkin kaikki tarinalangat sidotaan hienosti kassaan. Erityisesti, kun Frodo ja Sam hipovat mt. Doomia viimein, Peter Jacksonin draamallinen hetken venytys on aivan loistonsa huipussa. Tappelu Klonkun ja Frodon välillä on loistava ja kaikki itse lopu(i)ssa toimii, kun Frodon on vaikea palata kotiin.

Elokuvatrilogia on kyllä aivan hirveän vahva kokonaisuus ja tuntuu ihmeelliseltä, että kaikki pysyy kasassa niin mahtavan hyvin. Kaikki (joilla oli väliä) tekivät hommansa täysillä ja näyttivät välittävän kovasti tekemästään. Ehdoton tunteellinen paketti.

• Solo

★★★★★

I NEED SOMEONE TO GIVE ME THEIR LOYALTY JUST LIKE WHAT SAM GAVE HIS TO FRODO . DAMMIT

• Nick

★★★★½

Good thing those eagles were nearby!

• merkstreet

★★★★★

The bittersweet end of magic.

• noles739

★★★★★

This is a masterpiece pretty much. Ive gone back and forth between 4.5 and 5 stars. The only reason is I think Fellowship (especially the Extended Cut) is superior. But, that doesn’t take away from this film directly. “Aww, there are too many endings wah wah wah.” Who cares? They are all good endings that wrap up the story. The ending on Mount Doom would not have held up, cuz there were more things that needed to be finished up.

• NoLifeLynzee

★★★★½

Eowyn's story arc through the second and third movies is basically like my favorite thing that has ever happened. That aside, I watched all of these this week. That's a pretty tall order for someone who wasn't really a fan. This one changed my tune. I loved it. I might actually check out those books. Peter Jackson, you're alright in my book.

A quick comment that is related; A well-known film maker hated this movie to the point of obsession.…

• nickelliott2

★★★★★

EE: brilliant. Particularly like that Saruman scene.