• Kate Holbrook

★★★★½

Though its finale is a bit of a tedious roller coaster, The Prince of Egypt is an absolute marvel - and perhaps one of the finest (and most daring) animated films of all time.

• Katie

★★★★

There is a point in this film where it turns from being a yawner (thanks to a combination of celebrity voices and forgettable songs) into a thrilling musical that makes you suddenly sit up and pay attention and start to hate Pharaoh Fiennes with all your vigour; and that point is the song about the plagues. Can you study theology solely on the plagues of Egypt? I would sign up to that in heartbeat due to this song.

Oh and the animation is pretty good too, but apparently all it takes to change my mind about a film is a sinister chorus number.

• Juliette

★★★★★

This film gives me LIFE. The music, the drama, the beautiful animation, are all excellent. I love the truly dark nature of the story... slavery, freedom, faith, betrayal, race, religion, the PLAGUES - It blew my tiny mind when I saw it as a child and it still does now.

• rubyterry

★★½

Religious propaganda, watched with Bryce by request of student.

• Lily

★★★★½

I remember when I was in 6th grade, my teacher showed this to us and my Jewish ass was all excited, it was about TIME we payed attention to me, thanks school! Also Moses was WAY hotter than I remembered him being.

• Raz

THE story of purpose,
    About purpose,
    And, the nature of purpose.

I believe this is the greatest one ever told. The book of Exodus; adapted into a spectacular animated film with some of the greatest choral, oscar-winning arrangements you'll ever hear in your motherfucking LIFE.

I've watched this film repeatedly, literally since I was a fucking child, and I still can't get enough. This is THE quintessential story about truth, duty, responsibility, self-actualization, TRUTH, romance, family, faith, suffering, and sacrifice,…

• ZaraGwen

★★★★★

Can't believe I forgot how good this film is

• Jake Ziegler

Oscar history:

Won - Best Original Song, "When You Believe"
    Nominated - Best Original Musical or Comedy Score

• S

★★★

Maaaaaan oh man this is some dark shit. I'm glad they took a break from killing babies every now and then to sing a song.

• Steven

Prince of Realizing Things

• elfflame

★★★★

Something about my ancestors, if the stories are true.

• HaydenVaderFan

★★★★

Much better than the book!