Forget PUNISHER: WAR ZONE. Goldblatt made an 80s action masterpiece.
10 reasons why you should stop everything and watch THE PUNISHER now:
1. Dolph Lundgren (!) as Frank Castle / The Punisher.
2. Jeroen Krabbe (!) as the new don of the Italian mafia.
3. Explosions. Lots of 'em. Explosions within explosions.
4. Scuba-Ninjas. Yes, you read that correctly. Certified!
5. A deadly woman who crucifies a man with her earrings.
6. A vision of Castle as a broken, fragile, and frustrated man.
7. A man delivering a pizza gets his ass beaten (and pizza stolen).
8. Dutch angles that rival even those used in THE THIRD MAN.
9. Jeroen Krabbe's frivolous, but totally sweet acid-washed jean jacket.
10. Castle welcoming a young boy to shoot him in the head. Sick, man.
Not convinced? This scene says it all. I dare you to show me even one comic book adaptation (recent or otherwise) with a scene as powerful and resonant.