• Peaceful Anarchy

★★★★

A nice children's film with dark edges and a decent story. The lead character is very well developed and likeable, which helps smooth the edges.

• Kristofer

★★★

Väldigt fin animation och ovanligt välkomponerat score i film som känns lite för hastig och outvecklad. Man kommer inte riktigt ner på djupet på karaktärerna. Dock gillar jag att den är en mörk och våldsam historia, vilket speglar den "survival of the fittest"-miljö som vilda djur lever i (och som också är ett motiv i "Watership Down" för att jämföra med ett annat tecknat äventyr som kan ses som komplement).

• CarcinoGent

I THINK this was a good one. At the very least, it scared me in my younger days...

• George

★★★★

I'm not sure one could say, at a first glance, that there are lots of deep layers to be found in The Secret of NIMH. But what there is, for absolute certain, is an abundance of heart, melded together with earnest storytelling and animation of striking craftsmanship. Don Bluth's artistic expression towards the state of Disney is wholly successful in transporting the viewer back towards films of infinite-charm and wonderous imagination, if a little darker than younger audiences may be accustomed to.

• 📺 Arch F.

★★★

For a while I was obsessed with the John Calhoun experiments with mice at the National Institute of Mental Health. The big one he did was the mice-utopia experiment that studied the effects of over-population. All the mice were wiped out after four years when they completely failed to socialize with each other. The females were no longer interested in raising their young, leaving them to die or fend for themselves. The males would stay out of the way, do…

• Sean Watkins

Probably Bluth's best film, Anastasia being my second favorite

• Brett Hawley

★★★★★

Aaaaahhhh, sweet movies i have been watching since childhood, and i feel great getting more from it with re watchings in later life!

• maddy

★★★★★

i remember being a little kid and loving all things mouse (still do to be fair). my mom rented this tape for me from the video store (i picked it out because of the cover, and because i loved a good secret) there wasn't time to watch the secret of nimh before bed, so i was allowed to have popcorn for breakfast and watch it first thing in the morning.

when i rewatched this in my adult years, (i had…

• Jacob Neff

★★★★

Somehow I never saw this as a kid in the 80s. My loss. It's a delightful blend of real world fantasy, suspense, and mystery created with gorgeous Don Bluth animation and a much meatier orchestral score than you'd expect from an animated movie. It's equally comfortable with light humor as with dark drama.

• TrundleTheGreat

★★★★★

Damn, Mrs Brisby. You one badass mother.

• Marion

★★★½

I think saying that I hadn't seen this movie for 20 years would be rather accurate.
    All I remembered from it was that back then it scared me, but I still loved it.

• Viktor Prentovski

★★★

Honestly, I expected quite a bit more from this one, judging by the poster and some glowing reviews. Sure, it looks nice and is very creative in the character department, but it just falls flat story-wise.

Trying to juggle several elements of a story and making them fit together is quite the task, and I feel like director Don Bluth just fails at doing that. The sick child, the necklace, the cat...many elements that seem like they are important, but…