• Alec Greer

★★★★★

Easily in my top five favorite animated films of all time. Don Bluth, you wonderful bastard, please come back to make one last animated film before you kick the bucket.

• Brian Rowe

★★★

Another movie I'd probably appreciate more if I had been born a few years earlier, but I still love Don Bluth's rich and satisfying '80s animation.

• Ryan Petre

★★★★½

Really strong animated feature that takes it's audience and subject matter seriously.

The Secret of Nimh strikes a really good balance between being light hearted enough for kids while still having a potent storyline and themes. The story is structured fairly well, and I appreciate the fact that virtually every character in this movie feels important and does something significant at some point in the story. A notable feat. for a movie under 90 minutes. Though I do think Jeremy…

• Duvella

★★★

National institute of mental health...animal testing.. this had it all.

• Juan

I am incredibly annoyed at this movie's reception. It seems to get a pass because of its animation (which is good), but the characters are flat as hell.

• Joseph

★★★½

Crazy movie that is supposed to turn you against labs that use animals for scientific testing. Great movie overall but is this something that needs to be preached to children?

• agmathlete

★★★½

One of my favorite animated movies from my childhood. Watched it as a family movie night and even the 12 year old watched to whole thing without asking about his phone or a computer game (this is a very rare occurrence for him watching a 'kids' movie at home).

It mostly holds up as an adult, though there are of course a few issues with the story. I do kind of wish they had stuck to either science (made smart…

• m.t.

just lovely.

• LiamMaguren

Sets up quite a lot that had me gripped wondering "wow, I can't wait to see how this all connects." Until it fucking doesn't.

The reveal of NIMH is cool but holy Jesus does it puncture the rest of its world with holes. How come the other animals are super smart? Why is the owl so mythical? And what's with the amulet of magical powers of bullshit?

I'm pretty forgiving, but even I have my breaking points. At least it's unique and beautifully animated. That kept me going.

• Eli Hayes

★★★★½

oh, fiddlesticks... </3

• Carlos Ibarra

★★★★

Such a great classic cartoon. It's dark, mature and has some great designs and animation along with an interesting, refreshing story.

• teamzizzou

★★★★

A film that makes me feel old as I haven't seen it for over 30 years. A nostalgic trip as this was a staple in my household on a battered vhs tape. Dark stuff with a threatening score.