• Filmcritic23

★½

So a coworker recommended me this film so I was pretty interested in watching it. Apparently its still amongst one of the highest grossing films of all time. Sadly, nothing about this film was enjoyable. None of the characters are relatable, the plot is very dialogue heavy but not in a good way. I overall just felt nothing for the film. I very rarely look at my phone during a film but during this one I checked it often. I recommend a skip on this film.

• kidcoppola

★★★★½

Butch and Sundance aint got nothing on Henry Gondorff and Johnny Hooker... except maybe that they had much better names.

• michael

★★★★

I thoroughly enjoyed this film

• Calamity Jim

★★★½

September 1936 Chicago; a young grifter Johnny Hooker (Robert Redford) and his partner-in-crime Luther Coleman (Robert Earl Jones) are pleased as punch when they pull off the con of their lifetimes. Their elation is short-lived when the men learn that the money they stole belonged to a man who was part of mob boss Doyle Lonnegan's crew (Robert Shaw). As a result of this, Hooker's partner Coleman gets killed by Lonnegan's men. Realising that killing Lonnegan would present too much…

• Rifat siddique Pial

★★★½

i really adore this movie for the presence of Redford-Newman. it's nothing disappointment to enjoy them even screenplay got some flaw.

• Jay Runham

★★★★

This old movie still had a few punches left to pull when I finally got around to watching it. There were at least two twists that I did not see coming and that was a wonderful surprise from a 45 year old film. Young Robert Redford is a treat to watch. The whole film is just him being doe-eyed and getting into trouble (the best kind of trouble). Love those title cards in between acts.

• Juan Pablo

Film #11 off my list for Scavenger Hunt #34

Task 15/31: A film that takes place in or was filmed in Chicago, IL.
    The Sting is about two con-artist, portrayed by movie legends Paul Newman and Robert Redford, both team up to pull the ultima con against vicious crime boss Doyle Lonnegan (Robert Shaw).

Overall this is a great movie. Robert Redford, Paul Newman, and Robert Shaw give their best performance here. The direction and editing are top-notch, the music…

• Siskoid

★★★★

The Sting is the prototypical con movie, a genre I've always loved, but because it was first, watching it today (decades after I'd seen it on TV) gives me a deep feeling of dejà vu. That's because other con stories have taken so much from The Sting. Hell, there's an entire episode of Hustle that's pretty much exactly this, only slightly updated to the 21st century. It's still a tightly constructed puzzle movie, with excellent performances (reuniting Redford and Newman…

• thelistislife42

9/10
    Robert Redford, Paul Newman, and Robert Shaw all give excellent performances in this stylish con artist movie. It is cool, exciting, and classic, with an amazing and surprising ending.

• Adam Sadiq

• Maverick1701A

★★★

The sting is a con man film. Robert Redford and Paul Newman need to con a mob boss played by Robert Shaw. I can see why this film is widely acclaimed. The acting is all well done, the music is iconic, and it has that classic 30s feel. However I'm not the biggest heist/con genre fan. Seeing a giant con come together might give some audience members a lot of joy, but for me it has never been that exciting. Also my hopes were raised considering it's iconic status and it didn't really live up to the hype. 19/365

• stinkypete