• lstamp

★★★★

2017 Movie Challenge: Film #2 of 7 for the 1970s; #27 of 55 overall

Loved it. Seeing movies like this for the first time is exactly why I wanted to do this movie challenge in the first place.

• KT Wabbit

Perfection.

• Francois Declercq

★★★

S: 4
    A: 2

• tinylebowski

★★★★★

The canonical con-heist movie. Well-written, well-acted and well-made.

• Yeezus808s

★★★★★

The Sting is the quintessential con film, one of the great escapist entertainments from Hollywood. It's Hollywood at its finest. It is as perfectly constructed as any comedy and it is a riveting film from start to finish. The cast is terrific. It is billed as a Redford & Newman buddy flick but really it's Redford's movie through & through, who gives a classic movie star performance. It's a delightful movie and a great joy to watch. Why can't Hollywood churn them out like this anymore?

• sgrade

★★★★½

The Sting is a better film than it needed to be. This isn't just due to the charm and star power of the above the title actors, but because it is a pitch perfect example of how to write a script for a con film.

This is a great example of how to follow the First Commandment of Heist Films. The audience is in on the big con from the get go, to the point where we may as well…

• WeiChen

★★★½

一章一章的換場方式很可愛。
    騙中騙,連觀眾都被蒙在谷底直到最後,不再全知,讚

• Toby

★★★

I went into this really expecting something great. I mean it beat The Exorcist for Best Picture and won the most awards that night. I'm not saying that it didn't deserve some of its wins, but I wasn't as thrilled as I was expecting. By all means it's a good movie with a clever concept that is both witty and exciting at times. The acting it is pretty great and the sets are good.

It's a good movie, and it's not bad in anyway I just don't have a lot to say about it that was particularly thrilling or memorable.

• CriticAburridas

★★★★★

Intriga, amistad y giros de guion inesperados. Clásico de obligado visionado.

• honorsphysics

★★½

I appreciate that the sets are legitimately, un-glamorously dirty. The story is an okay heist caper, and the love interest & that resolution were decidedly uninteresting. There's a camaraderie similar to the Ocean's Eleven films between Newman and Redford.

• Boston Skinner

★★★★★

I'm probably in the minority here but I thought this was a really enjoyable and clever and film with some great performances and Technical work.

• nick