• Angelo Palpal-latoc

That was so satisfying.

Many films have done the complicated cons scenario and The Sting takes the cake.

• Levi Groovy

★★★★

Tenía algunos recuerdos de verla de pequeño y que ya me pareciese un peliculón. Muchos años después he vuelto a disfrutar del maravilloso guión e interpretaciones que presenta la película. Robert Redford, Paul Newman, Robert Shaw....todos espectaculares y con unos decorados hechos a mano que es imposible ver hoy en día, por lo que son una reliquia. Tal vez se tenga alguna parte que se alarga de más (las partidas de poker y el momento pre-golpe aunque supongo que es…

• taylor_diamond

★★★★½

Dammmmnnnnnn I loved this way more than I thought. Paul Newman and Robert Redford are such a great pair and what an ending too. For some reason this reminded me of the French Connection even though I didn't like that as much. Highly recommend for those who love crime thrillers or heist / job type movies.

• NancyW

I don't normally watch old films but this one was on Sky and it included Robert Redford and Robert Shaw both actors who I think are excellent in their game. The young Redford here looks like a splitting image of Brad Pit as in Brad in meet Joe Black. So in this film the sting Redford plays a con artist and Shaw a big time gambler from NYC. It's all about the con, poker, also stars Burgess Meredith who played…

• RolfDarkol

9.8 of 10

Newman and Redford are simple stunning. Plot twists, crime, great performances and great entertainment. The Sting is about that.

• Jon Walmsley

★★★★½

I loved that. Don't think I've seen it either (although I've a feeling I've seen the last 20 minutes before somehow).

Such great performances, and that poker game on the train was absolutely outstanding. Paul Newman was just an incomparable tour de force, there and for the film as a whole.

It just looks stunning and the ragtime music really sets the scene perfectly.

Possibly a little long, and probably not as surprising an ending today as it might have been on release, but that's a small criticism. It's a superb movie and well deserving of it's bundle of Oscars.

• Matt G

★★★★★

Pure entertainment

• Emory

★★★★

paul newman’s face was made in a homosexual pandering factory

• mbyrd02

★★★½

The Sting is an amusing 70s caper film but it has about four too many twists for its own good. At some point, unless you are paying exceptionally close attention, you lose the plot a bit. While some of these are certainly meant to be surprising twists and to come with some sort of impact, they lose a lot of their force if I have no idea what's going on in the first place. Newman and Redford are great here,…

• AverageZac

★★★★½

I can’t believe a movie with characters named Dookie, Gondorff, and Hooker won an Oscar.