• Megan

★★★½

Shame on you, Shaw. How dare you murder Mufasa’s father.

For as much as I love Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, I’m surprised I hadn’t seen this until now. Righting some wrongs on a Tuesday.

• Josh Murray

★★★★½

It's baffling and heartening that there ever existed a time where this original charming character story that might play a festival quietly today could become the fourth-biggest hit ever and sweep the Oscars. It's one of three films considered "comedies" to win Best Picture in the last 55 years, even though it's a revenge for murder story full of chases with probably slightly fewer jokes than each of The French Connection, Rocky, Terms of Endearment, Rain Man, Shakespeare in Love,…

• khyberoptic

2x

• Aaron White

★★★★

All around great film and I can see why many are in love with it. Not a personal favorite, but it has my respect and it was an enjoyable watch.

• JoeMamaOG97

★★★★★

When I was little I used to complain when my aunt put on old movies. So when this was on TCM and she put it on, I complained to her. I judged the movie based on the the date it was made, but that was the only point that I ever had anything negative to say about this movie. It peaked my interest in old movies because I loved the rebellious nature of Paul Newman and Robert Redford. The plot…

• JasonMichael

★★★★

Completely saturated with both style and fun. Fully lives up to its pedigree, and that's clearly no low bar

• Kyle Huffman

★★★½

Like a seasoned pro making the best out of a bad hand, The Sting stikes that impossible balance of executing an old-fashioned caper that's equally interested in inventing new trademarks along the way. I don't know what else there is to say about the combination of Newman & Redford at this point other than preaching to the choir that they're utterly dazzling together. Robert Shaw is also a very fun villain that gives off a dapper sensibility that is masking a…

• i.

this was on tv so we watched like half of it and it was... well, very dated, obviously, but what struck me most was that all the important plot information/development was packed into montages, and playing over the top was ragtime piano music. listen. there is NOTHING so catchy as ragtime piano. it just slaps! i couldn't pay attention to the montages as i was too busy rocking out, so as a result i lost track of what was happening and gave up on this film.

• estherwitherspoon

★★★★★

my aunt is a fan of paul newman and robert redford and always recommends me their movies. this one really amazed me, the development of the plot and how it tricks you into thinking you know what’s happening but you really don’t is great. i loved it, one of my favorites.

• Jessica Moore

★★★★

The entertainer melody is still stuck in my head

• Xplodera

★★★★

“You can't play your friends as marks, Hooker”

Getting your audience to go along with villains and crooks aren’t the easiest thing to do, but The Sting succeeds by filling itself to the brim with actors who carries an honest groove and knowing how to carry a suit. The combined background and setup is just enough introduction (albeit with some rushed montages) before things kick into gear with just the right pace.

George Roy Hill slowly unravels cons allowed to…

• MrMadness

★★★★

Ein intelligenter und sehr charmanter Film über einen Trickbetrüger, der im Begriff ist, den spektakulärsten Coup seines Lebens aus zu führen.

Völlig zurecht mit 7 Oscars