• Ollie_8

• Justice-Noah Malfitano

★★★★

I was paranoid, terrified, and sickened (that dog early on in the film still gets me).

The first time I watched this I only got through 40 mins (not because I wasn't enjoying it but rather because watching a horror classic extremely late at night isn't always the best idea). Viewing it all the way through, however, I realised that the latter half of the film is where Carpenter's true skills - particularly in horror and suspense - can be seen.

• Bignose

★★★★

Scared the shit out of me

• Dave Jackson

Like a fine, fine wine.

• Ackno

bae: come over.

me: can't, doing important science at the edge of the world.

bae: the only void greater than that of the cosmos is that within your corporeal form.

me: https://mcfarlane.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/norris-spider-maniacs3-2000.jpg

• ferdi_akkulak

★★★★½

About one week ago I watched "The Thing (1982)" for the first time. This movie is directed by John Carpenter (Halloween) and based on John H. Campbell, Jr.'s novella "Who Goes There?" - which was first adapted in 1951 as "The Thing from Another World". The cast includes Kurt Russell (The Hateful Eight), Wilford Brimley (Cocoon), T.K. Carter (Runaway Train), David Clennon (Gone Girl), Keith David (Platoon) and Richard Dysart (Back to the Future Part III). I've had the DVD…

• Ryne Moore

A-

• Iain Dickie

★★★★★

Part of Glasgow Film Festival 2017, The Thing shown in an indoor ski slope. Snow on the ground, minus 5 temperatures and a nice huskie cameo. I survived, I must admit it was tough towards the end but what a nice and unique experience.

• Brandon Tenda

★★★★★

You'd be hard-pressed to be a film buff and not hear constant, incessant praise for Carpenter's The Thing from your peers. Such was the case for me prior to watching this film.

Personally, I've always been a fan of Carpenter. I've seen his slasher classic Halloween, his underappreciated masterpiece In the Mouth of Madness, his campy masterwork Big Trouble in Little China (at least 5 times!). But for some reason, I've always pushed this down on my watchlist.

Now I…

• Ella

kurt russell's hair: BIG MOOD

• Grimbo

★★★★★

There's nothing I can add to what's been said before about this film/

However, watching it on an indoor ski slope on deck chairs in snow in the freezing cold made it a new experience! Thanks to Glasgow Film Festival for this!

We were dressed for the cold but jesus my toes were freezing! This was a bit distressing but I can say that this film was so good it still flew in, despite my toes wanting to return to somewhere warm!!
    I would welcome more of these movies in odd locations please!

• Ben