Shakespearean Comedy (source Wikipedia):
- A greater emphasis on situations than characters (this numbs the audience's connection to the characters, so that when characters experience misfortune, the audience still finds it laughable)
- A struggle of young lovers to overcome difficulty.
-Separation and re-unification.
-Deception among characters (especially mistaken identity).
- Disputes between characters, often within a family.
- Multiple, intertwining plots.
- Use of all styles of comedy (slapstick, puns, dry humour, earthy humour, witty banter, practical jokes).
- Pastoral element.
Yeah, that makes this the best Shakespearean comedy ever conceived.