• Francesco_Adam

★★★½

4 was pretty weak.

• Bob Blaschuk

★★½

This has been a weird series re-watch to get to the newest film for me. I always remembered really liking the first two, and really disliking the 3rd and 4th. Watching them now shows me that they are just differing shades of mediocrity. "Underworld: Awakening" is no exception.

Showing off how little the story mattered in this series we jump into the future after the humans, or normies find out there are vampires and werewolves. They go on a killing…

• nadine

★½

the netflix description said something along the lines of "back with spit and spandex" and that is Kate Beckinsale in this franchise and all i really care about anyway

• LegionWrex

★½

Oh how the mighty fall.

Underworld: Awakening is, without a doubt, the moment the series jumped the shark. After 2 decent installment and 1 so-so one, the Underworld franchise officially stopped caring about quality and started existing for the sole purpose of making money off of name recognition. And this movie is the purest example of a cash grab - it's poorly written to hell and back, the acting is phoned in, and the effects lazily done, even if the…

• Chris Upson

★★½

it took 4 movies but kate finally isn't in love with scott speedman the entire time, is instead the coolest vampire mom ever, michael ealy traded in his 2 fast 2 furious whip for a volvo and became a wicked sidekick detective, her daughter looks like she prob listens to best coast. theres a bunch of foreground wipe transitions & every location has strobe lighting comin out the wazoo which makes this an official flash in the pan 80 minute speedbanger of shit that i like

• Jordan

Nonstop, gory action and a mid-sentence ending add to another addition in this dreary, tired franchise.

• adbhuk

★★★★

irectors: Måns Mårlind & Björn Stein

Writers: Len Wiseman & John Hlavin

Starring: Kate Beckinsale, Michael Ealy & India Eisely

Story: The Vampire and Lycan clans have been discovered by the human race. A war has engulfed these races in a bid to eradicate those not needed by mankind. Selene (Beckinsale) is back for the fourth time in the Underworld series to lead the fight against the human race.

First Thoughts: Another Underworld film, will it be up to par with the previous…

• roselyse

★★★

Selene is back and better than the last few movies...ish.

• Michael Kaplan

So Selene is back and she has a daughter (not really a spoiler if you read the movie description). This story line is slow, disjointed and not really meaningful to the overall story line at all. It is basically trying to re-kickstart the whole story arc...likely because they couldn't sign Scott Speedman as Michael. So the world knows that Lycans and Vampires do exist now and are out to purge them all. They could have done more with this I…

• Nick

Awakening fucking sucks!

• DFvideodiary

Part 4 of the franchise is no different from the rest = dodgy CGI werewolf Vs vampire action trash. PVC clad Kate Beckinsale snaps some arms in gory fights and has a hybrid daughter. As a drinking movie, chug whenever Kate lands.

• Cameron

Okay, so I'm four movies into this series now, and the fact they constantly describe Hybrids as "neither vampire, nor lycan" is driving me crazy! You know what? Neither am I! Am I your chosen one?

Also, despite finally shaking Scott Speedman off of their pant cuffs (he's so 2002, y'all) this movie is aggressively boring. Don't bother.