• Martin28

★★★★½

If you were to try and describe what makes Almodovar an auteur I think you could say that that he writes his scripts as if they were meant to be cheesy, postmodern soap operas, but then he directs them with such sincerity that they become these gut-wrenching fables about the human experience.

• Andrew R.

MWAH! MWAH!

• Pau

★★★★★

"No me digas eso, que me pongo a llorar. Y los fantasmas no lloran."

• rodolfo

★★★★

This was a strange film. It had a plot point that didn't really go anywhere. Despite that it keeps you guessing and what you think is going to happen, doesn't. Penélope Cruz gives a great performance that carries the film despite its flaws.

• Maybell Nieves

★★★★

There is no way Penelope Cruz could ever overcome herself this superb perform.

• emkang

★★★½

I love Almodovar but this film did not stick around in my mind unlike some of his other features.

• Caleb McCandless

Ghosts?

That's cool too.

• Jaume Vaquer

★★★

Me hizo gracia ver que aquí también está De la Torre haciendo de marido energúmeno, bebedor de cervezas y amante del fútbol.
    Todo muy colorista, muy inverosímil en su tragedia repleta de elementos grotescos y chocantes , apoyado en actrices que dan lo mejor que ellas.
    Muy Almodóvar, en resumen.

• pashawest

Obra maestra.

• Chester

★★★½

Penelope Cruz is great in this dark family drama. The possible ghost story doesn't really interest me and the tragic revelations weren't really addressed.

• Kendell

COLORS

• Jonathan Wright

★★★★

1. Volver is at once a shift in Almodovar's filmmaking, and at the same time a pronouncement of what he does best. The film departs from his tendency toward intricate patterns of flashbacks, dreams, and parallel narratives. It instead moves directly along its path in a linear motion. However, the film's plot turns out to be just as complex, winding, and involved as any of his films, sliding from one genre to another, piling on tropes, and letting them sit…