• lamena

idk :: feel alseep while watching :: will prob not continue

• Fellipemendes_

★★★★

é estranho como ele tem um certo ar místico em alguns momentos, por outro lado, porém, é assim com a vida também

• freudenflop

★★½

A big fat nothingburger.

• pashawest

★★★★★

A beautiful piece of art about mothers and daughters going back to their roots and finding their own truth. This precious film contains one the best stories ever told in Spanish cinema. So brilliantly done, it has the perfect mixture of drama and comedy. Definitely my favorite Spanish film ❤️

• obfromwoo

★★★★

any Almodovar female character > all characters in the history of cinema

• Stu

★★★★½

Penélope Cruz is superb in this bright, colourful Almodóvar film about loss and return. [Spoiler ahead] Considering the way in which the plot is affected by murder, manslaughter and domestic sexual abuse across the generations it's a remarkably light film, and I think it was a great touch to share the Best Actress award at Cannes that year among the six women who lead the cast. Excellent.

• Tom Prankerd

★★★★

Firm but gentle, a positive reaction to family tragedy and gently emotional without having to resort to turning the thumbscrews on the audience. Fatalistic but not downbeat, full of spirit.

• Mikey James

★★★½

There's something just slightly off in Penelope Cruz's performance that doesn't hint enough at the darker undercurrents of her character. She moves forward too easily, without a real sense of complicated thinking. Still, Almodovar is masterful at weaving sub-plots with his main story and presenting characters that have a story and complexity beyond their role within the film we are watching (the best of his films hint at other, unseen, yet-to-be-made films).

• TJ D

★★★★½

Like All About My Mother, Volver is another great entry into the female ensemble period of Almodovar's career. The emotions are complex, the stories are heightened, the use of color is unparalleled in its emotive vibrancy, and the acting is all amazingly top notch.

Volver is in the top tier of Almodovar, and it may contain the best performances of any of his films.

• Max Gutierrez

★★★½

While it perhaps took a bit of effort for me to really get down with it, Almodóvar always has a way of effortlessly sinking his hooks into me. There's just something subtlety ravishing about it, and I suspect much of it has to do with Penélope Cruz.

• FassiNotFihri

★★★★

(Penelope Cruz boobs light up the screen)

• franki_xcx

★★★★★

This is now my fourth Almodovar film and I am officially a stan omg. His style and attention to detail both to characters and to story is just so brilliant. Penelope Cruz was AMAZING in this, and it's no surprise that she got nominated for Best Actress for this back in 2007. This movie deals with immense tragedy and sorrow but focuses on the hope and happiness that exists in change and I can't explain just how much I loved this. *crosses Volver off list and moves furter down Almodovar's filmography*