• Zach

★★★★

Such an incredible and uncomfortable experience of life In a struggling small town environment and the lack of choices/options afforded.  Wild to watch this now, knowing who jlaw would go on to become... my god her performance is top notch. The scene in the boat is an absolutely brutal 2 minutes.

• Facupisnu

Puntuación: 6/10

• MØNTEZ

Em uma cena em separado, vemos imagens de esquilos fugindo enquanto as árvores são cortadas. Eles veem seu habitat sendo destruído por outros seres que eles reconhecem. Aos poucos, cada tronco vai caindo e o que eles verão diante deles é uma imagem destrutiva. Winter’s Bone nos leva para uma jornada onde a protagonista já imagina como vai terminar, mas deve lidar com coisas ainda mais fortes para uma jovem da idade dela. Esse aspecto é ressaltado pelos espaços aos…

• avieacosta

★★★★

Another piece of my childhood on screen

• Doug Boyles

★★★★

+1 for Jennifer Lawrence (Ree)
    +1 for the Army recruiter, the only adult in Ree’s life who has a helpful, respectful conversation with her.

“I’d be lost without the weight of you two on my back”

• Anthony

★★★½

Jennifer Lawrence A.K.A Stone Face in the role that put her on the map!
    Never been a fan of JLaw’s. She makes the same face for the majority of every role i’ve seen her in, Winter’s Bone included. I rarely get a sense of emotion through her lack of facial expression.
    BUT, it worked here. I wonder if they shot the film chronologically because she seemed a lot more comfortable as the film progressed.
    She has a commanding presence on…

• Lauren Richardson

★★★★

Wow, I was so unsure of this at first, but by the end it was really tugging at me. Incredibly subtle performance by Lawrence, definitely brought a few tears. I loved it way more than I thought I would!!

• Daniel Lentini

★★★★

Some heartbreaking scenes that absolutely make this movie (Squirrels, army recruitment, boat scene.) Jennifer Lawrence is incredible for her age here, albeit Debra Granik's direction helped a lot i'm sure. Also Laura Palmer is in this.

• Shea Harris

★★★

The editing is really weird and some of it feels very tense for no apparent reason. The movie kind of expects you to understand that everyone hates each other for reasons it refuses to tell you. But maybe thats because everyone is trying to get by on very little money. Nothing I need to come back to

• kellieherson

★★★

someone should restore jennifer lawrence to her pre-DOR settings

• JoeKelly37

★★★½

This harsh tale of mystery and family dysfunction took a whole to kick into gear, but has brings both tension and poignancy in its second half. Lawrence’s performance belies her years and is only matched by Hawkes’s intensity once he takes centre stage.

• migh

★★★½

tough, kitchen sink drama, backwoods-US-style. Jennifer Lawrence is great in the lead and we get some gritty realism from her and the rest of the cast. it's quite a vivid snapshot of quite a dark and desperate way of life so there's no sign of a feelgood vibe here at all. lots of intense moments and a harsh yet impressive setting that provides an ideal backdrop to the cold drama. good but quite heavy going.