• Donnie Skuza

½

I walked out of this to see fucking Madagascar 2. I remember the exact moment. It was when Jim Carrey received a blowjob from a dentureless elderly woman. You think I want to see that? Fuck this movie.

• ChrisH

★★★½

I have this weird thing with Jim Carrey: I don't hate him, but sometimes I don't like him, i can have a hard time buying his acting.
    In this case he walked the line (IMHO) a bit, he didn't go over, but there were some scenes that got real close.

But, overall, I enjoyed this movie, I laughed, I shook my head, and sometimes I, almost, felt sorry for Carl. I'm also a sucker for Zooey Deschanel, who I thought did really well in this movie (and a good counter part to Carrey).

• LiteYear

★★★½

Surprisingly good despite Jim Carrey's involvement. It's a good premise. Easily relatable for me. And they play it fairly straight which makes it work all the better. If someone else played the Jim Carrey role (let's say Tom Hanks or maybe Steve Carrell) it could have got a higher rating. The Jim Carrey issue is more my personal inability to buy him in a serious role or even semi-serious role. In fact I find it hard to buy him as…

• WilliaMares

★★★

A parte da motinho é daora.

• Christian Tjoa

Yeah I should've just left this one for the nostalgic memories...

• Christie

Yes I finally saw this! :D
    Jim and Zooey on a Vespa totally cute!!
    Interesting film on how making a few new choices and being positive can change your outlook on life.

• maf zam

★★★★

Someone: Let's do some stupid shit.
    Me: Fuck yes.

• AwesomeHat

• Zā

★★★½

Okay so it wasn't really hilarious, and it was kind of a sappy feel-good movie more than anything, but damn it I fell into its charm.

Also I'll fall for any film that includes Zooey Deschanel singing something, anything at all really.

• Gabriel Macêdo

★★★

A nice feel good comedy.
    I really like this idea of being a "yes man". But of course, a story like that requires a lot of help from the viewer, the writing is not very convincing so you're always telling yourself "okay, that sounded off, but it had good intentions".

• Jasmine Martinez

★★★★

Really enjoyed this. Makes you think about living to the fullest!

• Rahul Chahal

A film full of optimism, idealism and joy, which is why I hate it.

In one scene a suicidal Luis Guzman is talked off a ledge by Jim Carey singing a song to him, which ironically removing my will to live.

Despite this I had to give it a star for every time it caught me off guard and caused me to audibly laugh.