Back down to a 4.
This is good for a laugh, but that is about it. The evil child premise can work, but having another child in the mix makes things too goofy. The Good Son never establishes a consistent tone, so the movie feels off. The final sequence on the cliff is absurd, but in a good way, so it is unfortunate that the final scene of Elijah Wood abandoned in the desert had to be there. All the fun stuff about this premise…
Things I would do differently.
1. Remove the food from the freezer where they put the bodies.
2. Build the wall out of something stronger than cardboard.
3. Close and seriously board up the doors behind the built wall.
4. Seduce Francine away from Flyboy.
5. Take all the guns out of the gun store.
6. Never take off the fur coat.
7. Eat a whole ton of cheese.
Michael Myers is said to be 21 by Dr. Loomis in the film, but then in the credits there is a credit for a 23 year old Michael Myers. I find this confusing, but also depressing. I find it depressing because whether he is 21 or 23 I am still older than Michael Myers, and he has accomplished way more in his life than I have.