Basically just your standard found footage horror film, with a catacomb theme. Works fairly well at being a spook house experience, with a grab bag of horror ideas that never really get explained, but it really doesn't matter. As a single watch, I found myself invested in the experience, and I laughed at the film, and got spooked by the film, in equal measure.
Things I would do differently.
1. Remove the food from the freezer where they put the bodies.
2. Build the wall out of something stronger than cardboard.
3. Close and seriously board up the doors behind the built wall.
4. Seduce Francine away from Flyboy.
5. Take all the guns out of the gun store.
6. Never take off the fur coat.
7. Eat a whole ton of cheese.
I'm a dick. I've suspected as much over the past few months, and tonight I officially recognized this fact about myself. In the five minutes after this movie was over, I was able to piss someone I saw this with off so much that they just stopped talking to me all together. This is entirely because I called them on their negative comments about the film. I'm specifically using the wording "negative comments" as I feel criticisms denotes something valid,…