Predators ★★★½

Like the second film, it has a strong first half, but the second half loses me a bit. It's when things get too complicated, and there is too much going on with the plot, that I tune out. I'm just like "me want Alien killed" not added characters, and stuff that just pads the runtime. All the characters are hip, except the Topher Grace one, so just give me that crew having to fight and kill some Predators. As much as Larry Fish is having fun here, his character just stalls the film, rather than continually building tension until the final fight. Still, this is an easy watch, and is in the spirit of the first two films. It is surprising that this is the last American film that Nimrod Antal has done (excluding the Metallica one). I don't love any of Antal's films, but they are all more than competently directed. If he had of been doing his American film run a few years later, Jason Blum would have prepared a room at the Blumhouse for him for sure. Said room would have been smaller than Shymalan's but bigger than Jon Chu's....

FilmApe liked these reviews