Boyhood ★★★★★

Well, Boyhood finally made it to my city after a really long and hard wait. However, in the end it was completely worth it....because holy crap! Boyhood is a masterpiece.

I really don't have anything bad to say about it. It was so well done and thought provoking. The script was fantastic as well. The screenplay is what made the movie so thought provoking, interesting, and even funny at times. Boyhood is the first movie to make me a tear up a little bit this year....the last scene with Patricia Arquette was the one that got to me most, felt like such a real moment in life and it really pulled a heart string. The whole time I watched this film though I just sat in awe with how real this film felt, the mix of the great screenplay and great acting is what made that really happen. It's truly the best coming of age story I've ever seen.

Since leaving the theater, it's been the only thing I thought about. Boyhood also defines the different years throughout the film perfectly as the film goes along and you see the music, etc change (the soundtrack is also amazing by the way). I've just never seen a movie so original or interesting....you see the actors grow up right in front your eyes...it's so cool...thank you Richard Linklater. Overall, Boyhood is a truly remarkable film with a great message that honestly EVERYBODY should see. It's an amazing experience and it's BY FAR my favorite film of the year so far and if I see a better one this year I will be really shocked. I loved it so much and I could say many more great things about it, but just go see this triumph of a film. Screw that R Rating. As of right now, I do really hope this takes home a Best Picture award at The Oscars. (Knowing the Academy though....it probably won't).

Boyhood is 2 hours and 45 minutes and it could have went on a few more hours and I would have still been engaged. Transformers: Age of Extinction is the same length and by the end of it I would have rather been stabbed in the head by pencil then watch any more.

*I may not be able to see the film a 2nd time in theaters (because of time and because it's playing in an expensive theater) ; however, I will definitely be buying the Criterion release of this movie when it comes out.

Connor. liked these reviews