The Legend of Tarzan

The Legend of Tarzan ★★½

Damn.

If this isn't one of the biggest disappointments ever. First of all, I couldn't care less about this movie being made. I did not see it in theaters, and I did not plan on seeing it at all. For some reason I decided to watch it as part of my 2016 clean off, and while it was not a mistake-it was almost a waste of time.

I was enjoying most of it, but it was nothing new. Nothing I haven't seen before, bland characters played by big names in a Walmart bin film. It really is just a shame. I am not sure if I should use the word "disappointment" because I really don't-nor ever have-cared about the film.

After the stunning opening scene I was ready to experience a film the critics and audiences may have gotten wrong, but that did not happen.

I don't want to say "The Legend of Tarzan" is a terrible film, because it most certainly is not. Once again I found it fairly enjoyable. Also, some of the shots were very nice along with the (ever so slightly average) fitting soundtrack.

I do think if they had all the money to use these big names in the film they could have picked a better Tarzan. All the performances were good but forgettable just like the film.

Also, I couldn't tell if I was watching an over the top CGI action movie or an over the over the top CGI wannabe drama.

I feel like I am shitting on this movie too much when it really is not that bad whatsoever. It just is way too average which is a shame because it could have been something more memorable and special.

Without Christopher Waltz, this movie would be one of the most forgettable movies of all time. At least now when I see the poster of this film or hear about it I will have something that comes to my mind,

Overall if you want a movie that looks pretty and is solidly enjoyable, this should do the trick. Nothing to lose your mind over yet nothing to passionately hate. This movie is just a movie, nothing more.

Filmusicinemike liked this review