Thor: Ragnarok ★★★½

The first two Thor movies are perhaps my least favourite within the MCU. I always found the plot boring and dull, but the reason those movies were still bearable for me was because of the comedy and Loki; two things that this film capitalises on, making it go a lot higher up on my list than the other two.

I know a lot of people don't like how much of a clean slate Ragnarok starts on, and I understand that, but for me personally it was the best thing to happen as I didn't enjoy anything about the previous slate it was sitting on. It was very refreshing to see new characters (even though I do really miss Jane) and a new villain. Seeing characters that we already know like Hulk and Loki in a different light was also very fun. The comedy is 50/50 for me because as much as I enjoyed it it did feel a little overdone and definitely lowered what could have been very stressing stakes with a villain like Hela. But as I said before I think it brings a different energy that the Thor branch of the MCU really needed. Overall, I think this is a really fun movie and the flaws are outweighed by how happy it makes me feel.

Becca liked these reviews