Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween ★½

Idea for Goosebumps 3: How about we ditch the entire idea of all the monsters coming together, and instead just make a film adapting ‘The Haunted Mask’ story because let’s be honest that was the best book.

The dialogue in this film was not good and it was riddled with clichés. The characters are uninteresting and bland, and I just really didn’t like them.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen the first film AND I fell asleep during that one, but isn’t this like basically the same movie? With the same villains and everything? Or am I remembering wrong?

Also, in one scene Slappy plays a PS4 and that’s the kind of Sony product placement I really could’ve gone without seeing.

I liked the Psycho reference(s): even though one of them was really on-the-nose and they even say the word Psycho a few moments afterwards. The other one may not even be anything, but I felt like it was an homage...it’s a shot of a briefcase sinking underwater and I felt like it paralleled the scene in Psycho with the car sinking underwater. I don’t know, I’m just gonna keep believing it was intentional. I also slightly liked the IT reference.

Chadwin liked these reviews