Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy ★★★½

Short-as-possible synopsis: Space scoundrels meet up and chase a Marvel powered shape of some sort.

Thoughts About Guardians of the Galaxy:

- It was funny. This just made me wish that is was all funny. The moment of good humor wasn't enough for me, I'm ready for a superhero movie that is comedy with a bit of action throughout. That means no serious characters. I want my villains to make me laugh, RONAN!. I know this is never going to happen, and if it id did probably wouldn't be good, but I can't help but feel that this is what the movie should of been.

- The action is fine. It's marvel-y and fine.

- Bradley Cooper's Rocket Raccoon walks a tight rope between annoying jerk and hilarious smart ass- being able to stay for the most part on the hilarious side. When ever you think you are getting sick of his attitude, he whips out a good line.

- I'm sick of trying to invest myself in all-powered shapes hat hard to really grasp what they are. The Winter Soldier's political conspiracy proved you didn't need to make up some mystical item for the plot to move. s]So time to step away from that plot device Guardians and the rest of Marvel.

- I heard a lot of critics hate on Dave Bautista's Drax, but he completely worked for me, with his action and his dry oblivious responses to figures of speech.

- When I was a little kid, my father would play a 70's pop compilation on road trips. My brother and I became fascinated with this CD and used to steal it from him and play it on walk-mans when we wee supposed to be asleep. The awesome mix tape was this compilation- with the exclusion of The Night Chicago Died.

- I have no idea what planet all the hillbilly aliens come from, but I hope they do not spend any time there in future movies.

Conclusion: The unique quirk and humor is a nice step aside from the typical Marvel blockbuster, but Guardians is unable to shed the typical overdose of extreme city destroying action that could benefit from some toning down.

Zack liked these reviews