This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
cait’s review published on Letterboxd:
This review may contain spoilers.
the more i think about this film, the more i dislike it. here’s a list:
1. pitt’s cliff booth killed his wife and got away with it and it’s only ever mentioned as a humorous aside.
2. zoe bell’s character is perceived as a nag because she doesn’t like booth for the aforementioned reason.
3. margaret qualley was a victim of tarantino staples, sexism and a foot fetish. her ass had more screen time than she did.
4. margot robbie was fucking robbed by this script. we only ever learned anything about sharon through other characters and kurt russell’s voice over.
5. when manson’s family descends on cielo drive, susan and patricia were battered much more significantly than tex. also their deaths were oddly funny and ridiculous? i could almost hear tarantino maniacally laughing as dicaprio torched one of them with a prop flamethrower.
6. there is no loss of innocence. tate lives. rick dalton is finally acquainted with his famous neighbors - his ticket back to stardom. what the fuck was this supposed to be about?