FrozenIIFan2004’s review published on Letterboxd:
Finally catching up with the Oscar bait movies for 2021. I have seen Pieces of A Woman, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Minari, and now Nomadland. This is directed by Chloe Zhao, who is going to be directing the upcoming Marvel film Eternals, and seeing her directorial debut made me more hyped for it. Eternals is now my most anticipated comic book movie of 2021. But let's talk about Nomadland.
- Chloe Zhao's directorial debut. She is probably the best director of the year besides Christopher Nolan and Pete Docter.
- Frances McDormand's performance
- Freaking gorgeous cinematography! Yeah I think this is going to win best cinematography at the Oscars this has the best cinematography of the year.
- Very simplistic story for sure but well executed.
- The score
- The production design (yeah this is going to win best production design at the Oscars as well)
While there's not much to say about it, Nomadland is a beautiful movie that is going to get awards at the Oscars (cinematography, production design, etc). Chloe Zhao is shaping up to have a bright future and Eternals should be a masterpiece. This is certainly joining my top 10 best movies of 2020.