The Empire Strikes Back

The Empire Strikes Back ★★★★★

"No, I am your father"

That line right above is one of the greatest quotes of all time!

Empire Strikes Back is now officially not only my favorite Star Wars movie of all time, but it's top 3 best movies of all time and the greatest sequel of all time next to Frozen 2. In fact, this gave me Frozen 2 vibes. This is the Frozen 2 of Star Wars, or if I should reverse this, Frozen 2 is Empire Strikes Back of animation. This actually has a lot of what I love about Frozen 2: A sequel that's darker, more mature, and more impactful. Luke Skywalker is my favorite Jedi as he has such a unique arc like no other. Darth Vader is the greatest Star Wars villain of all time and my 2nd favorite villain ever right under Thanos. This is the movie that made Darth Vader hold that title. The twist that Darth Vader is Luke's father is probably the greatest twist ever. Every character in this movie are well developed and none of them felt sidelined. This movie kept me on screen the whole time and not a single scene dragged. This had some of the greatest 3rd acts in history even if Luke vs Vader isn't my favorite lightsaber battle (it comes close... it's my 3rd favorite). Of course the visuals looked great. It's Star Wars, what do you expect? Empire Strikes Back is a landmark in cinematic history and one of the best movies ever made period next to Frozen 2 and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

FrozenIIFan2004 liked these reviews