Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame ★★★★★

I am......  Iron Man”

“I love you 3000 times.”

To say Avengers: Endgame is epic is an understatement. Because it is SO epic. Right from the get go, it picks up from where it left off. It does have a moment of reflection from the aftermath of what happened in Infinity War which humanises these heroes we’ve grown to love. You actually see them deal with grief and loss and failure in a way that’s never been seen before in this genre. You see the devastation and ruin of one of the best villains in recent times and what he has done. True melancholy. What I loved most is that it wasn’t about shock factor or who dies, it was an accumulation of 21 films and just over 10 years. So the storytelling is told with care and detail and importance, taking itself seriously. But it’s Marvel, so of course there are genuinely laugh out loud great moments and one liners. That’s what they’re good at and have gotten better at, taking themselves more seriously but also having every character stay true to themselves right to the end but also self reflection and great character arcs, some you do NOT see coming. Every ending to everyone in this film is personal, it makes sense to who they are and its never predictable. Ending up in a way that makes sense to them which makes it even more moving. Letting go and moving on from an end of an era has to be believable and that’s what they did. They fully commit to the decisions they make. The scale of this film at parts reminded me of Star Wars, Back to the Future (they even reference several time travel movies that we all know) which adds to the self aware MCU has become known for. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll be in awe of the spectacle that unfolds. A rollercoaster of emotions from start to finish. The legacy of what the Russo Brothers have achieved has and will go down in history and will be remembered. So much happens so it’s hard to process everything but my favourite thing is how they told the story whilst intertwining the nostalgia, a love letter and so much emotion of the last decade. It’s rare but the pay off was very well earned and is completely worth it. So hats off.

The realisation of having no post credit scene, something that’s been their signature, was a hard pill to swallow 😔

futiledeviiices liked these reviews