Tightrope ★★★★½

I could almost taste, touch and feel the 80’s in this. Seeing the beautiful 80’s on film is like being covered with a warm blanket on a cold night. Being born in the 70’s and having done most of my formative growing and shaping in the 80’s and 90’s, anytime I jump into one of these 80’s movie gems that I’ve never seen, well let’s just say when they hit they really hit. This one for sure hit!!

I like seeing Clint as a single pop. I’m father to a 24 year old son and an 8 year old daughter. As a dad of a daughter, usually when I see a father daughter relationship on the screen it hits me immediately. There’s a bond between and Father and his Daughter that I can’t explain to you completely, if you have a daughter I’m sure you understand what I’m talking about. I really enjoy the scenes with Wes Block (Eastwood) and his daughters.

Man, this was almost Giallo-like right!?? Lots of good slasher type stalking, some creepy ass masks and a good mystery. This really blew me away. Clint is ultra cool as always, but never over the top. I like all the seedy downtown locations and I always enjoy a Police Station, sign me up for all that police procedural stuff. Don Hedaya is also great in this. I like the setting in New Orleans, the parades and all the costumes and our killer hiding in plan sight in costume.

I feel a Eastwood surge coming on now. 🙌🏻