Midsommar

Midsommar ★★★★½

There was so much to scan and think about. So first off I wasn’t a fan of Hereditary whatsoever, I really disliked that film, so going into this I was a bit underwhelmed and definitely not expecting a whole lot.
Anyways, I got sucked into this movie from the beginning, I was all in but I was definitely not expecting anything that I saw. I was so intrigued and I honestly had a great time watching this. I’ve never seen anything like this before and it being as long as it was, I definitely loved all the explanations to everything happening in the movie and it taking the time to make us all understand what this movie was coming from and what was happening. I was a huge fan of the special effects, they were SICK!! The storyline was very, very interesting. I think Florence Pugh played her role perfectly. She definitely fitted and it all lined up. I digged the whole concept, and there was so many times I was just like “wow” what a brilliant mind, because you’d never expect anything like what this film had. This film was definitely one of those where your like wow, what did I just watch??! But..it was brilliant yenno?
Saw some similar things he did in Hereditary but this time around it was different for me and I liked it a lot. I’m glad we got to see it on the big screen. I’m looking forward to seeing what Ari Aster puts up next.
This was something else. Go see it, you’ve never seen anything else like it.