Colin Firth as Mark Darcy >>>>>> Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy
“Oh yes they fucking do” sends Alex and I EVERY. TIME.
I think I’m going to need some time to digest this gorgeous and painful movie and allow myself to cry about love and how much I hate *men* and how all they do is hurt and disappoint Barbra (LOOKING @ YOU TOO NICKY ARNSTEIN)
Also legit said out loud “AW her hair” at the end and I saw a review on here that said that’s a perfect representation of Katie’s growth and I couldn’t agree more 😭
It’s so bad it’s good. Highlights(lowlights) include:
- They had sex 6 times (she counted!!!) but never looked at each other naked
- “It’s you. It’s you inside me.”
- 80’s character tropes (esp the mean girl)
- Can’t have an 80’s teen comedy without casual racism!!
- Baby daddy becoming an agnsty teen asshole dad for no reason
- But it did (poorly) deal with postpartum depression so that was unexpected