Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad ★★★★

2016 RANKED
My Guilty Pleasure Movies

"I'm not gonna kill you, I'm just gonna hurt you, really really bad"

Suicide Squad was my most anticipated film of 2016. Did it live up to my expectations? Sorta. Did I like it? Hell yeah!
This is one of the most entertaining films that I've seen all year. The action is top-notch and fast, but I wanted more of it.
The performances are amazing! Margot Robbie IS Harley Quinn! She plays the character incredibly well and I loved every second of her!
Will Smith is very good as Deadshot but he's played this type of character before, so it's nothing new.
Jai Courtney is fantastic as Captain Boomerang. I thought I would never see a good performance from him but now I have, and it's great!
Jared Leto is so good as The Joker, he brings something new to the table but also borrows some things off of the previous Joker performances.
Joel Kinnaman is surprisingly good as Rick Flag. I'm not much of a fan of his acting but I liked it here.
The rest of the cast do great jobs too.
I really love the small details; I love how Harley says "Batsy, Batsy, Batsy" when she sees Batman. I love that Katana (a Japanese character) speaks Japanese for most of the film.

The soundtrack is very good and the score is great too.

Although I may love a lot in this film, I do know that it is a mess.
The pacing is my main issue; it takes way too long to get started and the flashbacks slow the film down.

The editing is very sloppy at times, mainly because a lot was cut out.
The climax is very underwhelming and it sort of reminded me of Fant4stic. I'm really sick of seeing a blue beam of energy shooting up into the sky.
Some characters disappear and never come back.
The villain is not that good, I would've preferred The Joker as the main bad guy.
And Katana is very under used.

At the end of the day, I did enjoy this film a lot and I will totally be seeing it again. I just feel a little disappointed and slightly underwhelmed.
Warner Brothers, please release an extended cut. This film deserves one

🎄George Zverblis🎄 liked these reviews