Interstellar ★★★★★

My God, it's full of stars. Stars that can stretch, bend, and twist in awe inspiring ways to the beat of awesome orchestral music. What a trip this movie was. Some of the most amazing visuals I have ever seen in a movie. The pacing is excellent as always, because if Nolan can do anything, he can make time fly.

The one thing that I felt stood out in this compared to Nolan's earlier films, visuals and space travel aside, were the characters. It got emotionally engrossing to see these characters getting torn apart from leaving their families and staying in space for so long. Their faith slowly getting more and more dim, along with the planet. Yeah, the film also did a nice job at slowly drawing the viewer into how grim planet Earth was becoming, primarily through dialogue, secondarily through the dust storms. Set up a strong case for having to leave the planet.

The story is interesting, and I'm not a scientist so I'm not going to question the science of the film too much. I mean, it started getting into quantum physics territory, and I stay clear of that, because it doesn't take long for me to get a headache when discussing quantum physics. That said, I did call the twist that happened near the end of the movie. That still didn't detract from my enjoyment.

Personally, I would rate this a 4 star movie. But then I realized something. The irony of it all. When the film was over, and I got out of my seat and began to walk towards the exit, it suddenly dawned on me that pretty much everyone else at the show except for me was an elderly. That automatically makes this a 5 star experience.

Highlights:
* Going through the wormhole.
* The rotation sequence.

P.S.: I consider it an improved version of Sunshine.

Gex liked these reviews