Parasite ★★★★

Korean prople wtf is wrong with your directors? :)

Of course you start your movie (which is named parasite) with the main family looking on their phones in order to leach on free wifi :). Bong jon hoo puts these little comedy scenes in his serious movies, makes them easier to digest. Not totally real funny situations. After two films i would like him to go full serious on a movie, where if he wants to insert comedy into a scene it would be more believable. I mostly found myself rooting for the main family - who are just as bad as the “aunt” and her husband. They both were parasites (as the movie calls it) but there were times i just hated everyone for everything that they did. I feel like i have heard this story before somewhere. There wasn’t much something to grab my full attension, but there was something. I guess i was a little hyped about this movie.
The movies looks really good. You can tell that even with not-so-important shots, the director knows how to get a great one. The characters, very well defined. I had problems with other korean/japanease movies where i couldnt distinguish between the characters (because they look like each other) in the past (especially with movies with a big cast, like seven samurai), but had no problems here. The characters are well defined, and editing helps immensely with the recognition.
Cant decide between a 7 or 8. Leaving it at 8 for now ...

On the other hand, “office” has absorbed my life for the last two weeks. Liked that show very much. My complaint is that i watched it in two weeks. Like a great burger where you rush through aeting it cuz you are very hungry, but still feel hungry after finishing it (also michael scott leaving was very disappointing. DAMN YOU HOLLY!)

amirlilg liked these reviews