Night of Something Strange ★★★★★

How do you open a movie? With necrophelia, water sports and incest. How else would you do it? I would say that sets the tone for the rest of the film, but it gets more wildly out of control, like a guy getting his dong stuck in another guy's butt and spends the Third act trying to get it out. I'm usually not a fan of horror comedies, but NoSS starts of a little subtle, but gradually works its way up to completely ridiculous and it works. I have to say, I was really impressed. Another thing I was really impressed with was the cinematography. Not that I had doubts in the director, but these were really well thought out and framed shots. The lighting was also used to the film's advantage. One complaint I have is that all the characters are stock and kind of asshole in their own way, so at first it's hard to root for them, but once you realize what type of film it's going to be, you side with them. I may be biased, but I really got behind Freddy (no pun intended). The guy Rips into everyone (and on everyone) and wants to get laid, even to the point where he jerking off outside near a dumpster, knocks himself out and finishes when he wakes up. Now that's dedication. The makeup effects very and for the most part look extremely well done, but the CG is noticeable, but I've always had issues with things like CG blood. It won't detract you from the movie and I understand why it was done. However, it's a completely offensive movie in the best way possible, with something to offend everyone and it's absolutely hilarious. I haven't found too many good indie horror flicks lately, but this one turned that around. I'll be watching this again soon and sharing it with friends.