Terminator 2: Judgment Day ★★★★

What an exhilarating surprise. I know I had seen this before, but I didn't remember much (if you are thinking I have a horrible memory, you are correct). I'm pretty sure I haven't seen the first. A lot of this type of picture has gone out of vogue, but I think it's certainly still worth watching. It's got outrageous action, it's got lots of cheesy humor, it's got thrills that made me physically lean away from the screen, it's got the governator...what else do you need?

I love these 80s/90s screenplays where everything has a reason for being (I'm thinking Jurassic Park, Die Hard, etc.) - they're a lot of fun, in a roll-your-eyes-but-still-smile kind of way. There's something very charming about it. Certainly cheesy, but charming.

Linda Hamilton is one badass motherfucker. Not the greatest actress, but her arms are insane. There's a great scene where Sarah Conner attacks with a stick, and there's a split second white frame during the POV shot that's just great.

I thought the almost horror movie kills were pretty interesting. Robert Patrick as the T-1000 is totally frightening, and the music that plays as his theme is absolutely fantastic. I think that might have been my favorite part.

Overall, super fun.