La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita ★★★★★

“Even the most miserable life is better than a sheltered existence in an organized society where everything is calculated and perfected.”

Holy Crap this is one of the best films ever made. Fellini has made my favorite film ever made with 8 1/2 and he has also made a great film like the Swindlers, A solid film with La strada and Not good movie with Variety lights and that’s all I seen so far but this is probably his best movie after 8 1/2. Marcello Mastroianni gives one of the best performances of all time and his character is perfect in every way. The cinematography and camera work are perfect in every way. The opening scene is beautifully symbolic because it shows the helicopter lifting the statue of Christ into the air almost like god is being taken away from Rome. Everyone in this movie is rich and famous and they are all looking for purpose in the wrong areas and they will likely never find it. All the characters are empty people with nothing in them except for wealth and fame. The score is incredibly smoothing to listen to and this film is just a fun time. It knows how to show a incredible meaning with also being entertaining as hell. It’s a near perfect film and easily one of my favorites of all time.

Block or Report