Stop Making Sense

Stop Making Sense ★★★★

Today was one of those days where I didn't want to watch anything heavy. Don't get me wrong, I love to analyze the psychology behind movies, but not when I have a lot of work piled up. I must admit I wasn't super familiar with Talking Heads before Stop Making Sense. Their music is just so different from what I normally listen to, but I want to get out of my comfort zone this year.

I have listened to "This Must Be The Place" a couple of times due to the recommendation of a Letterboxd friend, Mark, and listening to that song live was kind of magical. I realize now that I don't really know how to describe the feeling of experiencing "This Must Be The Place". I guess if I were to give my best shot experiencing "This Must Be The Place" is like experiencing a wave of nostalgia wash over me. Although there is an underlying tone of sadness that runs throughout, the song sounds and feels like the type of love many spend their entire lifetimes looking for, the type of love that provides uncompromising comfort.

Taking a break to watch Stop Making Sense today helped me feel a little saner. I'm usually a calm person, but this year small things have made me easily annoyed. Watching everyone in Talking Heads enjoy their craft and put out infectious energy was a reminder for me to breathe.

gravityfalling liked these reviews