Alec Greer’s review published on Letterboxd:
Fuck, this ruled.
Candy coated colors, bold and provocative writing, and an auspicious ending imo that will leave plenty divided, all at an entertaining pace. But the best aspect definitely is the acting. Everyone is so damn terrific in this.
- A career highlight for Carey Mulligan. Beautiful, intelligent, and surprisingly menacing, she is a fucking force in this.
- Bo Burnham at some of his most likable and huggable.
- Alison Brie shows off some great dramatic chops.
- Clancy Brown and Jennifer Coolidge make for a wonderful husband and wife.
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Molly Shannon, and Alfred Molina act their hearts out in the one scenes they are given.
Just a great freaking thriller I am so glad I got to. Thank you, Emerald Fennell, hope we see you again real soon.