Inception

Inception ★★★★

What a way to end the year. I had tried to get into this film on numerous occasions but just couldn’t wrap my head around the concept. But, being my 200th film of the year, I wanted something mind-boggling, intense, memorable. Inception certainly ticked those boxes.

But enough about this film. And more about 2019. This year I set myself the absolutely ridiculous challenge of watching 200 movies. This might not sound like much to some but for someone like me who still goes to school and works etc., this was a lot to juggle. But, boy oh boy, was it worth it.

For my whole life, I wanted to teach. Up until this year where my focus shifted to filmmaking and directing. And let me tell you, this challenge has taught me so damn much. Each film, good or bad, has given me tips for my future filmmaking which excites me.

Here’s to 2020. Maybe another 200 movies, I don’t know to be honest. But either way, I look forward to another year on Letterboxd (approaching my one year anniversary) and another year of exploring movies because cinema is such a wonderful thing that not only is an escape from reality but teaches us so much about our real life.

Love you guys.