Jack Goes Home ★★★½

Ah, October, It’s honestly one of my favorite times of year. The weather is cooling down, I can bust out the flannel, hockey is officially back, and of course, it’s the optimum time to watch horror movies. I look forward to this so much as I save specific movies to watch every year, as well as some old films I’ve never seen. Some I love, some I hate, and some are just plain stupid. Jack Goes Home, while not something I loved, I enjoyed a lot.

Jack Goes Home stars Rory Culkin (took me forever to figure out which one) as the titular Jack, a twenty something magazine editor who returns home after his father has been killed in a car accident. The film also stars up and comer Britt Robertson, Daveigh Chase (she was creepy dead girl Samara in The Ring), Louis Chase and, the incomparable, the outstanding, Lin Shaye. She has such an on screen presence in every role she is in; it’s one of my favorite aspects of this film. Everyone else is strong in this film, however I was disappointed in the under use of Britt Robertson. She is fantastic and yet her screen time is minimal, a huge misuse of her talent.
It just wouldn’t be a horror film, especially a psychological horror films, are always filled with a boat load of awesome visuals.

See my full review at slackjawpunks.com/movie-review-jack-goes-home/