The Dark Knight ★★★★

First off... I just wanted to say that there is a reason that the Joker (Heath Ledger) is on the cover.
Short Review:
Some of the most iconic scenes in cinema come from this film. There is a great plot which will always leave you wondering what will happen next. Best antagonist in a film period. No arguments. Some great cinematic shots which is a testament to Nolan's capabilities.

Review:
The Dark Knight is a great film; however, if Heath Ledger wasn't a part of this project, it wouldn't even be close to the top 100 on IMDB. Don't get me wrong, Christian Bale is the most believable Batman to date, and Nolan's cinematic talents never seem to fail us, but the reason people still talk about this movie is because of the Joker.
Since the plot is focussed on the relationship between Batman and the famous antagonist, I didn't get to see Two Face's character grow as much as I would have liked to. Honestly though, if turning the plot around to focus on Harvey Dent meant losing a fraction of the relationship between our two main characters, it wouldn't be worth it. The feud between the Batman and Joker is legendary in this film; this is largely due to the way both Bale and Ledger played their roles. The dialogue was solid, but could have been taken into a completely different context. The psychotic, mentally ill Joker, and the mysterious, seemingly one-dimensional Batman are characters that we as viewers have grown to love as we keep re-watching this historic superhero film.
Christopher Nolan is a mastermind when it comes to shot selection and lighting. Each scene is lit so perfectly to the point where I will look at each scene with my mouth open in awe. As usual, every setup within the lighting department is crafted with such precision and detail; everything is purposeful.
The score is another strong feat when it comes to The Dark Knight. The visuals, narrative, and performances all hook you into the film, and the immersive score is just the cherry on top of the perfect cinematic cake. Rising tension is always heightened, and you can feel that with the sound.
This is a truly outstanding film. If you haven't seen it, be prepared to experience a superhero film that puts all the MCU/DC crap that they are spewing out to shame. A true artistic masterpiece both cinematically and performance-wise. If you are curious as to my rating system, check out my bio.

Evan liked this review