Seven Samurai

Seven Samurai ★★★★★

Recommended to me by Cinephile2002, go check him out.

To be quite honest with you, this thing has been intimidating me in my Blu-ray collection for the past 5 months. I’ve been meaning to watch it for forever, especially after Ran, but I hadn’t bc the runtime is very intimidating. It’s a 3 and a half hour long movie, who isn’t intimidated by that. So today, I decided to spend the day finally watching this movie. And to my kind of surprise, this went by real quickly. I did take a break for the intermission, but for the most part this went by real quickly and was a ton of fun. It’s a classic story that Kurosawa managed to do very well and inspire countless other remakes. It’s cinematography is revolutionary for the time, especially with the action scenes. The acting is all around really good, and it’s characters are really good. But out of all those things, I would say the thing the film does best is it’s pacing. The pacing is perfect so that way it doesn’t feel like a 3 and a half hour long movie and feels much shorter. Anyways, this is a ton of fun, and everyone should watch it, especially cinephiles.

Top 54 favorite films of all time