Thor: Ragnarok

Thor: Ragnarok ★★★★½

THE ROAD TO INFINITY WAR

THOR: RAGNAROK.

Directed by Taika Waititi.

“Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Korg. I'm kind of like the leader in here. I'm made of rocks, as you can see, but don't let that intimidate you. You don't need to be afraid, unless you're made of scissors! Just a little Rock, Paper, Scissors joke for you.”

If you want to read my review of BP, go back and look it up. I already reviewed it. Anyway…

I needed this film. I missed seeing it in the theater but I’m glad I saw it now. I absolutely loved it.
If you loved the whole Shakespeare tone of the previous Thor films, then odds are you’ll hate this. This takes all of that crap and tosses it out the window. This film is both hilarious and action packed.
Thor has lost his hammer, his long hair, and his girlfriend (thank goodness). His friends, father, his home, and his eye are stripped away. All dead wait. This is a Taika Waititi film where we have a talking hulk, space gladiator matches, Karl Urban with 2 M-16’s, Tessa Thompson being an alcoholic badass, and Jeff Goldblum literally playing himself. I LOVE IT!

Korg, played by Waititi himself, is one of the greatest side characters in film history.
Taika Waititi should direct every film. We need his humor and filmmaking in our culture.

I can’t believe Marvel actually let me do whatever he wanted with this film. It’s ridiculous pure fun while still having a lot of heart. There’s some gorgeous imagery in this film. As well as a cool 80’s vibe throughout the film.

While the villain is the only flaw I have with it (too much exposition), I still thought Cate Blanchett’s performance was very committed. A solid antagonist overall.

While Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite of these films, this has the most rewatchability. Yes, over Civil War!

9.5/10 (A).

I’m off to see Infinity War! HOPE IT LIVES UP TO THE HYPE!

Serge The liked these reviews