Legally Blonde ★★★★

🤝
                                  icons
                             dressed up
                              as bunnies

This film has one scene that annoys the living hell out of me - Elle Woods working out while she studies the law. Nope. 5 of years of law school and 7 years of practicing it and not once was I able to do both at the same time. It's either this or that. Never half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing. When I studied for exams I didn’t even have the time or strength to go and dye my hair so fuck you and your lies, Hollywood.

This film is really cute and funny. I love how they showed Elle to be smart and resourceful from the start, in that scene at the store - there's nothing wrong with caring about fashion and looks, hell, it probably makes one happier than practicing law and it's certainly time better spent. I dutch braided my hair last week and I felt such a sense of accomplishment. "Bend and snap" thing is iconic, the cast is great - it's always lovely to see Holland Taylor. There are so many surprising casting choices in this including Oz Perkins, who keeps making those boring horror movies I hate. But Bruiser the chihuahua easily steals the show.

harlequinade liked these reviews