Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

“One thing I know for sure: don't do it like me. Do it like you.”

The Good:
I, like many recently have been feeling intense superhero fatigue and I’m happy to say that Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is a breathe of fresh air thanks to the vibrant, creative and gorgeous animation that accompanies the film.

Overall the majority of voice acting is phenomenal. Obviously I found Hailee Steinfeld to be incredibly charming and she did a magnificent job as usual. Shamiek Moore is really witty and just a delight. Nicolas Cage was drastically underused but still fantastic as ever.

The editing is so slick and smooth and always feels so energetic and fresh and I love all the small things that were added to give it the feel it was going for.

I really liked all the camerawork and how the film was directed overall. I felt like it really captured the essence of Spider-Man and just gives you a rush of adrenaline.

The Bad:
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verses’ script is really weak. The story is generic, cliche and has inconsistencies that could’ve been resolved with a few more drafts.

I thought the score in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was about as bare and unmemorable as scores get. It’s melodramatic, generic and worst of all manipulative.

Fun Fact:
One of the many ways the Imageworks team paid tribute to old comic books through the visual style was to imitate the imperfections of offset printing.

Would Recommend!