Scoob!

Scoob was one of my most anticipated movies of the year. I have grown up loving Scooby-Doo and the gang and when I heard we were getting a CGI animated movie I thought it might be fun like The Peanuts Movie. However it did the complete opposite. This movie follows Shaggy and Scooby-Doo as they team up with Blue Falcon to try to escape from Dick Dastardly who wants Scooby-Doo. Meanwhile Fred, Daphne, and Velma are trying to find Shaggy and Scooby. The animation of course is really good and the voice cast are alright not real good though. This movie doesn't really feel like a Scooby-Doo movie as they were trying to start the Hanna Barbara Cinematic Universe with appearances by non Scooby-Doo characters it just doesn't feel right and there are many things that make the other Scooby-Doo stuff great that's missing in here like: the gang isn't together through most of it, Shaggy and Scooby don't fight over Scooby Snacks or Scooby stealing Shaggy's food. Instead this feels like it wants to be an Avengers movie and follows tons of superhero movie cliches and the humor for the most part doesn't land. This is one of the biggest disappointments in a long time for me aside from the great animation there's not much else I can say I liked about it. 1/10