The Favourite

The Favourite ★★★★★

It's been a couple of days since I watched The Favourite and I am still as speechless as I was when I left the cinema. A modern masterpiece.

This is show. A show of a film experience that pierces all of your senses. The script is clever, smart, witty and graceful. The Favourite is Yorgos’ most accessible film to date, he is definitly not a director for everyone but the direction of The Favourite is very thoughtful yet madly brilliant without loosing his trademark.

The script is one of the best I've seen recently. It's dark and sarcastic but also one of the most funniest movies I have ever sen. It is a powerplay in ranks, sex, grief, madness and jealously. I love how the women in this film were portrayed as the smart and powerful ones, meanwhile the men were portrayed more as are the whimsical fools running around.

The cinematography and usage of natural light gave me Barry Lyndon vibes, as well with the score; and I love Barry Lyndon. The constume, fashion and locations are absolutley stunning.
Every single frame feels like a radiant painting.

I am cuntstruck. This was everything.

Linnéa liked these reviews