Sound of Metal

Sound of Metal ★★★★½

2020 Ranked

I kept hearing great things about this movie, so I finally decided to check it out. After watching this movie for the first time, I thought it was excellent. Sound of Metal is one of my favorite movies of 2020 so far. Riz Ahmed (Four Lions) does a fantastic job as the lead role and he does deserve an Oscar nomination for best actor in my opinion. I really love the story and it shows the struggles that Ruben (played Riz Ahmed) has to go through. Not able to hear music ever again is something that I feel like no one wants to go through. It's fascinating to see Ruben able to cope with him losing his hearing and watching him learn sign language.

Another thing that I love about this movie is how they are able to create a feeling that allows the audience to feel and experience what Ruben is going through. I'm surprised to see Paul Raci (The Glimmer Man) in this movie because I haven't seen him in anything in the last 20 years. He did a surprisingly good job with his role. The movie is shot very well and everything is stunning to look at when watching it in 4K UHD on Amazon Prime. I also love the ending too because it feels so affectionate.

Overall, Sound of Metal is a great movie and I do hope this movie will get a physical media release. Check out this movie when you get the chance. Rating: 9/10

Michelle (Guyver Spawn) liked these reviews